Since 1978, Working Skills Centre (WSC) has been providing a holistic program to help individuals overcome barriers to employment and move towards economic self-sufficiency. While mandated to serve a broader clientele throughout the greater Toronto area (GTA), our mission statement reflects the emphasis on programs for immigrant women geared towards improving their skills, self-esteem and employment prospects.
Working Skills Centre (WSC) is an innovative, community-based, non-profit, charitable organization that empowers immigrants, primarily women. Our purpose is to prepare our clients to fully participate in Canadian society by providing skills training, work experience, and settlement services that ultimately lead to employment.
We Proudly Serve:
Why are We Suited to Help You?
- We help prepare newcomers to meet the standards required in today’s workplace through a unique education opportunity that blends curriculum, approved as vocational programs under the P.C.C.A., 2005, with settlement and employment readiness services, contributing to the overall improvement of the social and economic fabric of our community.
- WSC has received accolades and recognition from politicians, corporate leaders, employers, and organizations as an important change agent for newcomers in Toronto. Read messages from our Prime Minister Harper, Premier Dalton McGuinty, Toronto Vital Ideas.
- Client feedback is extremely positive, reflected in the fact that the majority of referrals are word of mouth from satisfied customers. Read what program graduates have to say about us: Testimonials
- We encourage a work environment that uses our diverse capabilities to build strong connections, deliver unbiased support, and be responsive to the needs of the individuals and communities we serve, treating each one with respect and dignity.
- Most importantly, we understand.