Note: WSC’s Social Café for Women is not currently available. We plan to restart the program once a new funding partner is found.
Working Skills Centre is hosting Social Café for Women, a FREE weekly networking and learning opportunity geared towards immigrant women, especially caregivers and nannies from the local community. Our Social Café began on Saturday, November 23, 2013, and we continue to have amazing workshops weekly.Workshops and activities will take place from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm every Saturday. This is an opportunity for immigrant women to build their communication skills, gain practical knowledge, participate in social activities, build a network and learn more about Canada. This program is sponsored by RBC Foundation.
If you would like to sign up or have any questions, please contact Silva Mardirossian by phone at (416) 703-7770 Ext:211 or email Silva at: email@example.com.
You can view our flyer here.
Workshops and Activities Include
Reading, Writing and Communication:
- Read poetry and prose
- Build your communication and customer service skills with RBC
- Learn journaling for self-reflection
- Learn creative writing
- Discuss current events and issues
Life Skills and Community Resources:
- Learn about Post-Secondary Education and Financial Assistance Options with RBC
- Learn about legal, health and housing resources
- Learn about healthy eating on a small budget with Access Alliance MCHC
- Learn more about credit and share ideas for saving money with RBC
- Learn to cope with stress
- Personality dimensions
- Learn about the labour market and jobs in Canada
Creative Skills and Fun Activities:
- Get active with fitness and dance
- Relax with meditation
- Express yourself through art
- Explore art and film
- Learn and play new games
Essential Skills Computer Use – Integrated Learning Project
- Demystifying computer hardware
- Word Processing